Brookvale Groby Learning Campus
As a campus whose vision statement is based on the principle of ‘Valuing Everyone, Achieving Excellence’ outstanding careers advice is central to our philosophy. As a school we believe in supporting and challenging every student to achieve their best and to ensure that no student knowingly under achieves. With these principles in mind, our aim is to ensure that every student has the highest quality advice and guidance on their future pathways and how to achieve their ambitions.
All students in Years 8 – 13 are entitled:
- To find out about technical educational qualifications and apprenticeships opportunities, as part of a careers programme which provides information on the full range of education and training options available at each transition point;
- To hear from a range of local providers about the opportunities they offer, including technical education and apprenticeships – through option events, assemblies and group discussions and taster events;
- To understand how to make applications for the full range of academic and technical courses;
- To have careers 1:1 sessions with our Campus Careers Advisor to explore interests, future ideas and create an individual career plan
All students in Year 7 are entitled:
- To request a careers 1:1 session with our Campus Careers Advisor
- To hear about the world of work through assemblies
- To attend any lunchtime guest speaker event which are open to all year groups
Click here to view the ‘Careers leaflet 2020 – 21’ which highlights last years’ events
Brookvale Groby Learning Campus: Provider Access Policy
This policy statement sets out the campus’ arrangements for managing the access of providers to students at the campus for the purpose of giving them information about the provider’s education or training offer. This complies with the campus’ legal obligations under Section 42B of the Education Act 1997.
Opportunities for access
We have a number of events throughout the year which form part of the campus’ careers programme. We offer providers an opportunity to come onto campus to speak to students and/or their parents/carers.
These are some of our events which take place annually:
- Lunchtime Guest Speakers – all sectors, all years invited
- An activity around National Careers Week
- Guest Speaker Assemblies
- Careers Evening – includes ambassadors such as STEM and campaigns such as ‘I see the difference’
New events added to Careers Programme last year:
- Why study foreign languages?
- Apprenticeship Fair
- Interactive Trip to Glenfield Hospital
If you wish to be included in the programme or have our own event you want to bring to the school, please contact Hayley Dymond.
Click here for a complete list of the ‘2020 – 21 Guest Speakers and Activities’ who have had the pleasure of visiting our campus, and have taken the time to give our students an insight into the World of Work – thank you.
Students are faced with a difficult decision when leaving school or college. There are so many options available from A Levels, T Levels to apprenticeships, BTECs and university choices – we aim to help young people to make well-informed decisions about their futures.
Careers Provision Leader Elaine Dawson:
The procedure for a provider wishing to request access should contact:
Careers Advisor Hayley Dymond:
T: 0116 2879921 ext 295
The date of the next review of the information published will be September 2021.