Post 16 Enrichment Programme
At Brookvale Groby Learning Campus, we work with students to support their development of transferable skills and competences for higher education and future careers. University and employers want to see applications that show students have a range of transferable skills including:
Analytical/ Problem Solving Flexibility/ Versatility Skills Interpersonal Skills
Oral and Written Communication Skills Enthusiasm/ Motivation
Organisation/Planning Skills Time Management Skills Leadership Qualities
Self-Starter Team Player
The expectation in Post 16 is that students work to complete at minimum Bronze, Blue & Red awards, with Silver, Gold or Platinum demonstrating student engagement and skills development at a high standard. Purple Awards are qualifications and offer UCAS Points.
All students will be expected to complete our Red Award which is an enrichment day at the of year 12 focusing on Young Drivers and Road Safety. This compulsory day is run by the local council, Police and Fire Service who deliver a fun yet informative hands-on experience for our students.
Every level of achievement will be recognised by the Post 16 Team at Brookvale Groby Learning Campus.
LEBC Work Experience Opportunity Summer 2023 for Year 12 students
Some students may wish to gain their Blue Enrichment Award by taking part in a Work Experience Programme. Brookvale Groby Learning Campus is working in partnership with the Leicestershire Education Business Company (LEBC) and are offering all Year 12 students the opportunity to apply for a one week work experience placement.
LEBC has been organising work placements for students across Leicestershire for more than 20 years and are the leading practitioners in this area. We would expect any student who wishes to complete a placement to do this during a holiday.
The cost for a student to take part in Summer 2023 is £58 per placement.
For this price LEBC will:
- Set up the work experience placement trying to meet each student’s preference including workplace assessment of health, safety and welfare arrangements.
- Send parents a contract agreement which sets out the job description and generic young person’s risk assessment which each student will take to interview.
- Should you wish to organise your own work placement LEBC will carry out the checks for a cost of £51.
We believe strongly that work experience is of benefit to the students, it will encourage independence, develop confidence as well as giving a taster of the world of work.
For this price LEBC will:
- Set up the student with an account on a secure website.
- Allow the student to have access to the materials for the whole of the summer holiday
- Each student can choose two sectors to explore
- An employer will feedback on the student’s project
Should you have any queries please contact:
Hayley Dymond; Careers Advisor E: email@example.com