|Year||Term 1||Term 2||Term 3|
|Year 12||WJEC - Art & Design - 3D Design
Skill building through a series of Mini Projects which includes the following:
Fused Glass Techniques:
– Students research geometry in nature through primary and secondary research techniques to inspire a glass sun catcher.
– Students are to research a chosen design movement to inspire a pewter cast object using cuttlefish.
– Students are to use primary and secondary research to analyse products from Alessi in order to inspire their own 3D Styrofoam prototype.
– Students are to design and make a lamp using a range of different given techniques.
– Students are to repurpose through recycling and upcycling techniques.
- Students are to select a direction for their self-directed focus task.
Continuation of Personal Investigation in Year 13.
|Year 13||Personal Investigation:
- Learners are to select a direction for their self-directed focus task.
– Learners are to respond creatively to a design brief set by the exam board.